Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another True Camping Story

A good friend invited me fishing on a big bass lake in East Texas. His boat was an older bass rig with a shallow well, with no sides when sitting on the bass chairs. We motored out to the stick ups to throw some plastic worms. My friend told me several times to watch where I stepped, because if the boat shifted, I could fall in because there was nothing to grab. Keep in mind that this was in January and we were in snow mobile suites. My friend was in the front chair and I was in the back chair, throwing those plastic worms. I stepped on the right side of the boat to make a cast when I heard a BIG splash. I looked in that direction and saw my friend in the lake. Apparently when I stepped to make that cast, my friend was bending over near the side of the boat trying to get his line untangled from one of the cleats. Well now, you can imagine what I saw when my friend came up from underneath the water, splashing and gasping for air. I told him to hold on to the boat and work his way to the back of the boat, so I could help him into the boat. Keep in mind that he was in a snowmobile suit and that it was wet. I had a heck of a time getting him in the boat. Of course, that ended our fishing trip and we had to head back to camp to change clothes. I teased him a bit about warning me several times about falling in. My fiend did buy a roll up ladder, just in case this happened again. Mike & Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment